Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weird DC power connector, Any one knows what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSaw

Hey, I'm installing an electric lock(Samsung) and it comes with an option to plug it directly to a DC power supply. However, it did not come with a chord or anything, so I'll basically have to take care of it myself. I've been trying to find the female counterpart for this connector. Any one has any idea what the technical name for it is (the male or female)? I've been to an electronic part store and no one there was able to help me; I even found the male connector (the same as shown in the pictures), but not the female one, which is what I need. Weird. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks

I don't recognize it, but there are a zillion connector lines in asia that are not common or even available here.

Start with the pin spacing. It probably is metric, 2 mm, 1.5 mm. 1.25 mm, etc. Measure carefully. Once you have that, you can search digikey, mouser, newark, etc. more quickly for a direct match, or get something close, and grind down the body until it fits.

ak

Thanks for the input! I was able to find this exact part for sale, but not its female counterpart. I'm still looking!

Interlocks tend to be proprietary. So the board part you found is a clue, you may want to share along with any markings on yours. THe other clues you have are the Samsung model and source link.

Here's a list of connector suppliers for the dedicated peek and poke part hunters, but only 1 will have it and it may not be listed here.
1 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
2 ADAM TECH www.adam-tech.com
3 ADVANCED www.advanced.com
4 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
5 ALPS www.alps.com
6 AMP/TYCO www.tycoelectronics.com/catalog/bin/TE.Menu?M=MENU&ID=17560&BML=10576&I=13
7 AMPHENOL www.amphenol.com/
8 ARIES www.arieselec.com
9 ASSMANN www.assmann.com
10 BEAU www.beauint.com
11 CINCH www.cinch.com
12 CIRCUIT ASSEMBLY (CA) www.circuitassembly.com/
13 COMMCON www.commcon.com
14 CONEC www.conec.com
15 CUI www.cui.com
16 EDAC www.edac.net
17 ELCO / AVX www.kyocera-elco.com/
18 EPT www.ept.de
19 ERNI www.erni.com
20 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
21 FOXCONN www.foxconn.com
22 HARTING www.harting.com
23 HARWIN www.harwin.com
24 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
25 HONDA www.hondaconnectors.com
26 HOSIDEN www.hosiden.co.jp
27 HYPERTRONICS www.hypertronics.com
28 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
29 ITT CANNON www.ittcannon.com
30 JAE www.jae.co.jp
31 JST www.jst-mfg.com
32 KELTRON www.keltron.com
33 KEYSTONE www.keyelco.com
34 KYCON www.kycon.com
35 LEMO www.lemo.ch
36 MERITEC www.meritec.com
37 METHODE www.methode.com
38 MMM(3M) solutions.3m.com.tw/wps/portal/3M/zh_TW/Interconnect/Home/Solutions/IOConnectors/
39 MOLEX www.molex.com
40 ODU www.odu-usa.com
41 PANDUIT www.panduit.com
42 PHOENIX www.phoenixcontact.com
43 POSITRONIC www.positronic.com
44 PULSE www.pulseeng.com
45 RADIALL www.radiall.com
46 RANODA www.ranoda.com
47 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
48 RS COMPONENTS www.rswww.com
49 SAMTEC www.samtec.com
50 SMK www.smk.co.jp
51 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
52 STOCKO www.stocko.de
53 SWITCHCRAFT www.switchcraft.com
54 TAIKO DENKI www.taiko-denki.co.jp
55 THOMAS & BETTS www.tnb.com
56 **broken link removed** **broken link removed**
57 WEIDMULLER www.weidmuller.com
58 WINCHESTER www.winchesterelectronics.com
59 WOODHEAD www.woodhead.com/
60 YAMAICHI www.yazaki-group.com
61 YAZAKI www.yazaki-group.com/e/flash.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, guys. I found it! The same connector as used in house phone batteries -- a friend tipped me at an electronic part store I've just come back from. Bought two batteries from Radioshack, and they fit pretty good. Thank you, again, for the effort you put into this. I appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back