Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

weird reading on the multimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maor

today i found how to use the transsitor reader on my multimeter and i connected one npn transitor it showed 240 but when i changed it to pnp the multi meter showed a symbol of a battery on the top left corner and the readings was 1500+ i have no idea why that happend any ideas?

The meter's operating instructions will say what is happening.
Low battery?

no manual i found the meter in my storage room
and i think it shows low batt but i had a full batt connected i think putting a npn transsitor and setting to pnp makes the multimeter go crazy i should not do it again

lol I was going to say, that is probably a bad thing to do...

If you plug a PNP into the PNP slot and it works fine, than it is simply a readout error (wroing transistor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back