Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What anti-noise/safety stuff do you use for IO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

I was asked to do something at work which is making a board with a number of IOs to connect to a pretty expensive system.

I was told to put a 0.1uF cap, pull-high/low resistor, ferrite and a TVS on all inputs/outputs.

My board was quite simple but the majority of it is now, noise/safety stuff.

I am just wondering if this is seems like overkill to anyone? The system on the other end has all the same stuff on the inputs/outputs.

true but I still thought it was crazy.
in terms of cost it seems like a great idea... i just think its a hassle :p

It is called good engineering.
While it may appear to be a bit of a hassle, it is much easier to do it now at the design stage, it is even more hassle to do it after the thing has been built, possibly having to scrap the original and build a new one with the required components.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back