Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened to Eric Gibbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

What happened to member ericgibbs???

For a forum member that posted 2899 post in a year, it's suddenly gone very quite from his side. :confused:

Thanks. I thought as much, but I wonder why he doesn't visit once in a while? I'm from Africa (South Africa) to be more precise, and yes, we might not have POWER (ESKOM), and we may have the slowest internet infrastructure in the world, but we still try and keep up with the rest of the world with the limitations that we have :eek:

Don’t joke about the Lions. We have a provincial rugby team called the “Lions”, but the way they play rugby, I’ll rather call them the kittens. No fear of being eaten by a LION :D

Any case, hopes he enjoys his stay and wish him a safe return home.

hi,
I have been on our farm in South Africa, Port Elizabeth for the past two months.

The desktop PC had died so we had no internet connection... Heaven !!!;)

Hi SPDCHK,
The day long ESKOM power cuts every alternate week and the power line upgrades every other week. [perhaps for the next two years] are a pain.

But the South African people are very resourceful and I am sure they will work their way thru it OK.

Sorry to disappoint you Nigel, I wasnt eaten by a lion, so I am back to arm wrestle you anytime you need it...:p

Regards to All. :)

ericgibbs said:
Sorry to disappoint you Nigel, I wasnt eaten by a lion, so I am back to arm wrestle you anytime you need it...:p

I'll get my friend Neil as a substitute, he's a seriously mean arm wrestler :p

When my daughter first started secondary school, one homework assignment they had was to select characteristics for cattle, if you were sending them out to Africa to live and breed there.

Anyway, she had got obvious ones like high milk yield, able to live on little water etc. So I said "able to run fast", she asked "why", so I replied "so the lions can't catch them" - she was suitably amused, but put it down anyway, with a sidenote that it was her fathers idea.

The teacher loved it!, and she got an extra mark for it! :p

BTW, nice to see you back!.

Anyway, she had got obvious ones like high milk yield, able to live on little water etc. So I said "able to run fast", she asked "why", so I replied "so the lions can't catch them" - she was suitably amused, but put it down anyway, with a sidenote that it was her fathers idea.

The teacher loved it!, and she got an extra mark for it!

This reminded me of a South African joke.

Two men being chased by a lion.
The first guy says, 'we will never out run a lion'

The second guy says, ' I dont have too, I've just got to out run you' !

SPDCHK said:
What happened to member ericgibbs???

For a forum member that posted 2899 post in a year, it's suddenly gone very quite from his side. :confused:

i thought he was banned or something. wasnt he that fake krumlink?

Welcome back Eric. Hope you enjoyed the "Out of Africa" experience.

Here in RSA we are back to planned "load shedding" as the rain is hampering with coal deliveries to the Power Stations. And the best thing of it all is that I work for a company that upgrades C&I control systems for power stations. We usually work on site 'cause it's the only place in the country not affected by the power cuts :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back