Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened to HP and Hitatchi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perform

Did the semicondutor division of HP and Hitatchi spinoff into another company?
From the looks of it, it seems that Hitatchi's Semicondutors are now Renesas? is that correct?
And HP is Agilent?

thanks all

There are several sad changes in electronics. Hewlett-Packard's idea to split the company into Hewlett-Packard for the computer division and Agilent for the test and measurement division (and I think the medical equipment) was ignorant. The split was fine, but hey ... Hewlett and Packard started the company by making test and measurement equipment. The split should have been the other way, using Agilent for the computer side of things.

I'm not sure where their component division ended up or whether they've just quit making the parts. Motorola has quit making their optoelectronics devices line from what I can tell. Clairex (a biggie in the LDR business) is gone, I think Perkin Elmer buying them out.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back