Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this Reeves Resolver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matts5s

Hello everyone,
I came across this at an estate sale. With some limited research, it seems like it might have something to do with guided missiles or satellite trajectories. The writing says: Reeves Resolver RS600N. Does anyone have any knowledge about what this is? I've enclosed a pic...
s-l1600.jpg

Googling syncro and resolver will provide information.

These things were used for measuring angles and rotary position.
When I last came across one of these things, about 40 years ago, it was used for measuring the rudder position on a ship.

The thing in the box is basically a piece of test equipment which simulates the thing doing the measuring for testing the unit which displays the information, in my case the rudder angle.

JimB

I used to come across resolvers used in the older motion control servo motors for CNC machines.
Later replaced by the quadrature encoder.
Max.

Here is a design test I did awhile back to design my own resolver reader ....

Resolver Test #1

Resolver Test #2

Resolver Test #3

Satellites? Seems rather old for that. Maybe a Sputnik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back