Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is This Schematic Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrvid

Hi all, I'm new to electronics and have been using a few different books to start learning. The first project I plan on trying is a fuzz-box as a guitar effect. The schematic provided is shown below. There are a few icons used that I can't find in any references. I've used ms paint to circle the icons I don't understand. Also, I'm quite sure this effect needs a power supply, but I don't see where that is on the schematic.

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• schematicod4.png
    schematicod4.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 391
Hi all, I'm new to electronics and have been using a few different books to start learning. The first project I plan on trying is a fuzz-box as a guitar effect. The schematic provided is shown below. There are a few icons used that I can't find in any references. I've used ms paint to circle the icons I don't understand. Also, I'm quite sure this effect needs a power supply, but I don't see where that is on the schematic.

Thanks for any assistance!

hi,
They are connections to 'off pcb' wiring, as its lettered 'A thru G' most likely a connector pin assignment.

Do you follow OK.?

I is the input, O is the output, + is a positive supply, - is a negative supply, G is input and output ground, ABC are connections to the sensitivity pot.

Oops, looks like I skipped a few pages in the book where they explain the power supply situation. Your answers were quite helpful.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back