Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this thing inside layer the Galaxy S5 battery⁉️

electronium

greeting and good time to the colleagues of the forum
The issue is that I found the battery of a mobile phone named Galaxy S5 model sm-g900h and it had a problem and I wanted to see that it was not charging. I took off the layer of the battery and noticed something that I don't know what it is and what it does in the battery.
۲۰۲۴۰۸۲۴_۱۰۳۳۱۵_4bwv.png

۲۰۲۴۰۸۲۴_۱۰۳۳۴۰_gnqu.png

۲۰۲۴۰۸۲۴_۱۰۳۳۳۱_3ftg.png

Last edited:
Most "pouch" cells have a protection module in them, to prevent overcharge or over-discharge.
Some for phones etc. may have a more complex module with the current monitoring for charge state as well.

It's usually across the terminal end of the cell. It may be visible, depending if the protective wrap is see-through or opaque.

Examples - a couple of generic pouch cells with the module visible, and a scrap battery from an iphone with the black covering removed.

IMG_3430.jpg

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back