Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what kind of signal can remotely disable an electronic circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubleM

lets say you have a machine with a main circuit board controlling it. lets say you want it to be disabled when it gets close to a building. the building is broadcasting a signal around it...something like wifi or radio signal. lets say within 50 feet. the main board receives the signal and shuts down the machine immediately.
what can do this? could wifi do it?

Depends on what you want, your statement is very broad.
You could setup a laptop so that if it was in range of an rf signal that it could be disabled.
There are other ways of disabling pieces of electronic equipment however I dont think talking about that here is appropriate.

well im not talking about emp or anything like that. just a signal that disables that one specific piece of equipment.

The specificity of the 50' boundary complicates the issue and we do not know the shape of the building. As such, an RF solution (something "broadcasting") is not pratical.

And I assume that the "machine" needing to stop (turn off, go to sleep or whatever) is mobile and can approach the building from any direction.

So, while not exactly what you've described, but an electronic dog fence system could be adapted for this purpose.

trouble 47" lcd

I am having trouble knowing where to even post my question. Can anyone help. I'm having trouble with My 47 " Phillips maganavox television. I replaced my capacitors on the power supply but this did not help. I lost my picture but still here clicking sound when turned on. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having trouble knowing where to even post my question. Can anyone help. I'm having trouble with My 47 " Phillips maganavox television. I replaced my capacitors on the power supply but this did not help. I lost my picture but still here clicking sound when turned on. Any help would be appreciated.

Probably best to post it in "Repairing Electronics" under the main forum listings.

As to your question, have you lost audio as well? If not, have you checked the back-lighting system?

I've looked into dog fence systems before I'd like to build something like this also.
Commercial ones seem to work at a low freq, around 50khz.
I suspect the rf section uses magnetic field radiation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back