What no more 7494?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muso52

Hi Guys,

Have just looked for a 7494 asyn ripple through counter and apparently its now obsolete (me aswell)
Is there an off the shelf chip that will do the following?

Async divide/counter, serial in par out, TTL .
I am cheating I know but If anyone has any ideas then I'd appreciate it.

Willy

hi 52,
The original 7494 is a parallel to serial S/R.

Attachments

• DSA848000-71.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 231
Does it have to Asyncronous reset? the 74ls90 is syncronous ripple counter!!

Hi Gents,

Many thanks for your time and info. I feel it only right to admit to a little confusuion now in that what I was looking for in the O/P was maybe wrong. Perhaps if I tell you what I am trying to achieve would be more sensible. I am looking to divide a clock pulse by 4 out-putting on 4 individual outputs from a serial clock input. This clock input is derived from a 4017 decade counter (for a divide 10 function) which is fed from a V to F convertor a TC9400. Now I thought that I could use this latter device to divide by 4 utilising the MR but no go. As the reset does so on the trailing edge it efectively places a 'hic-up' in the chain by missing an incoming clock pulse. So by divide by 4 is a 4 beats followed by one of silence so to speak.
Basically what I am after is a sequencer or chacer circuit I would imagine akin to a four channel disco light sequencer.
The speed of the 'chase' being dependant on the clock pulse rate from the TC9400. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Willy

hi,
It should be possible to divide by 4 using the correct sense for the 4017's input clock, and to Reset the 4017 back to pin3 '0' on Q4 pin10.
E
Do you have a circuit diagram of your version to post.?

hi 52,
This is a divide by 4 chaser.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 204
Hi Eric,

Yep you correct. Working fine now. Thanks go to you and also the others for there interest and comments.
Regards,
A still learning
Willy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…