Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what power transfer to

Status
Not open for further replies.
vstyn said:
I want to build power supply using a 7905, what power transfer do i use?

If you mean what power transformer to use then a very transformer with a secondary of 8vac at one amp or more would work well, a more common 12vac secondary would work but you just have to make sure to heat sink the 7905 well. The primary voltage would of course have to match the utility voltage used in you area.

Lefty

Last edited:
vstyn said:
Where do I get the negative voltage for 7905, the transfer has positive voltage

The negative voltage comes from the orientation of the rectifier diodes used to convert the AC voltage from the transformer into DC voltage. You should study some power supply circuits to get a better feel for the components used and their purpose. There are tons of circuit examples on the web.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back