What the hell is this electronic component!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitso

Hey everyone

In search for a SCR (Thyristor) as it is my first time dealing with a component, i scavanged through my numerous boards i have from old TV's and computers and i stumbled across a really weird component.
I believe it was from a Sanyo TV.
It has 3 legs and inside it looks like two different coloured tablets seperated by a plate.

What is this component?
Where can i find its specs?

Attachments

• P29-07-10_20.20.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
  • P29-07-10_20.21.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 214
  • P29-07-10_20.20[01].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
No need for any numbers, it's a posistor - completely useless for anything other than it's original purpose (deguassing the CRT when the set is turned on).

interesting. Thanks Nigel

Any ideas on what devices SCR's can be salvaged from? they look just like a transitor yeh?

interesting. Thanks Nigel

Any ideas on what devices SCR's can be salvaged from? they look just like a transitor yeh?

You're unlikely to find them in anything much these days - I can't remember the last time I saw one?.

Look for circuit boards that controlled a DC motor or universal motor that was driven from a line voltage source. Treadmills, kitchen gadgets, electric tools, and things that took more than a wall adapter to power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…