Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi im trying to get a project running. The PIC18F4550 is not working, so im going to change to PIC18F452 but i cant find it on Microchips pages so im asking if its the same as PIC18F4520?

The 452 is in the Pic18Fxx2 data sheet. They do recommend that you use the 18F4520 instead.

Mike.

Last edited:
HEHE thanks futz..
Yes i see that 4520 is its replacement and it has the same pinot as the 452..

Hi im trying to get a project running. The PIC18F4550 is not working, so im going to change to PIC18F452 but i cant find it on Microchips pages so im asking if its the same as PIC18F4520?

Were you trying to use PLL or the internal oscillator? Chances are you didn't set it up correctly? Also, did you have 5V on MCLR and Both Vdd and Vss pins connected - there are two of each

Yes i have 5V on both Vdd and both Vss pins conected. I use a 10K -> Vdd on MCLR. Im trying to use PLL and I think its set up correctly (im using MikroC and ppl have checked and they say its ok)

The project is making a energymeter that loggs to a SDcard.

(MikroC || PICC) + PLL = unwanted headache
if u can use inline assembly, check the datasheet to see how its done.
havent done it personally so i cant help there but i tried to enable the PLL with PICC and its just a pain in the arse

I'd stick with the 18F4550 (has internal OSC) over the older 452 (you need to add an external OSC)
The 4550 will require a crystal if you want to use the USB though. 20MHz is a popular choice for it.

What are you trying to do with the 18F4550?

Well i have posted it before but here goes:

Im going to use:
two allegro currentsensors - 18F4550 - RTC - SD card

The use is for an energymeter that loggs the amaout of power going in and out of a battery bank. I need to use the SDcard and make a txt file that has a tabel like "substance" (in the lack of a betther word?!?!?). The txt file should contain the time stampe and avrage measurements of the power

Get the idea?
Im using a 8 MHz crystal (with the PLL inside it should bre fine)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back