Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's wrong with my oil pressure switch connection?

Bureratyvia

Hi all,
I have met a problem about oil pressure switch. Anyone have an oil pressure switch that’s installed but not connected? Found this while trying to track down a small oil leak in my new to me ‘99 10AE. There isn’t even a wire in the area to connect it. I think it’s the source of the leak as well based on OPS Reference.
oil pressure switch connection.png

The dash gauge moves to 2/3 or so when the ignition is on and engine off, so based on the wiring schematic, that should indicate that it’s not plugged in. There’s no connector in sight thoug.

Anyone has idea? Thanks in advance.

Oil pressure switches are often made to turn on when the oil pressure is low. Taking the wire off will make the system behave as though the oil pressure is OK.

Car makers are often not using oil pressure switches, and the engine could be also used in other models, makes or model years. When the engine is assembled, if it's not known whether an oil pressure switch will be needed, it's safer to fit one to all engines.

Hi.
Is it a pressure switch, or a knock microphone, or a gauge of what sender ? Is it supposed to feed an engine compfuser or a dash instrument or light ? Can you show/follow its schematic ?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back