Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can speech recognition be applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan9890

Hi.. I'm searching for a final year project on speech recognition..

I'm currently on making a speech processed alarm clock or a calculator...

However the calculator project has already been done and the alarm clock is too small for final years...

can anyone suggest a good, interesting or common application which can be made better by applying methods of speech recognition..

Plz suggest some ideas...

Also my Alarm clock idea is kinda final so plz suggest some cool functions that i can design..

How about blending speech recognition with a remote control. If speech recognition and a remote were combined you wouldn't even have to find the remote to use it, just yell out what you want. Great if your brother left the remote buried in the couch.

hehe.. thats a cool idea, but i would need something that is kinda professional or commercial, you know... like if this was a hobby kind of project, i would definitely do it..
So, any more suggessions please?

I wouldn't buy or use any kind of gadget with a speech recognition. I would just feel silly talking to a piece of electronics.

Maybe some kind of safety device would be commercially attractive. There are big markets and big money in safety products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back