Where could I find an automatic lead former

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMUGangsta

Hi

I have a manual lead forming tool, the one where there are 2 points on the end, that you place into the holes on the circuit board, then insert the component to the tool, and it bends the leads, and crops the ends - then it fits straight into the holes, ready for soldering.

The problem - I have in excess of 1,000,000 resistors and they use up a LOT of space being on the banding, especially when i always tend to use them with the leads bent on either 0.4, 0.5, 0.6"

Where could I find an automatic leadforming tool locally, what types of business would have one - im thinking of paying them a few quid to run MOST of my resistors through it, making the leads the sizes above, and just keeping mabey 100 of each value on the band with full length legs.

That would enable me to fit about 1000 resistors into each drawer of my cabinet, as opposed to the 60-100 that fit in a drawer on the band. It would also empty the suitcases that have all the bands in them ready for the holidays

Anyway - im looking for ideas of the type of place that has automatic lead forming machines - only one i can think of just now is a circuit board manufacturer.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…