Where do i put in a battery in this diagram ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylle

Hello.

I need to put in a battery so i can turn on the lights without the engine is started.

i have attached the Diagram where i have tryed to insert the battery, Please tell me if it's okay to do it like this or if i'm totaly wrong.

Thanks
-Kylle

Attachments

• elmedbatteri4yl.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 202
This is a complex diagram, so I may be wrong, but I don't think your suggested connection is correct. If I were you, I would connect the positive terminal of the battery to the G wire that you show connecting to the negative terminal of your battery. You notice that this wire goes down to about the middle of the diagram and then connects to a line going across the drawing. Note that there are many connections to this line. I believe this is where to connect the Battery +. I must admit that I am assuming this vehicle is using a negative-ground system. However, if it uses a positive ground system, then perhaps your connection of the -ve terminal is indeed correct. You need to confirm whether it is a negative ground or positive ground system, probably by looking at which side of the battery has a thick wire connection directly to the vehicle chassis.

The other side of the battery should connect to ground. The point where you connect the positive terminal doesn't look like ground to me.

Hello RadioRon

Thanks alot for your reply.

I have looked at the ground system and it's a NEGATIVE - ground system.

Regards
Kylle

Ok, in that case I would go with putting the + terminal of the battery on the G wire connecting to the "regulator rectifier" module, and the - terminal of the battery to the metal chassis which should be the ground in the system.

You can get the same result by attaching the + terminal to the G wire on the HORN instead. You can see that this is the same electrical node as the G wire on the Regulator Rectifier. There are several spots similar to this on other modules that all connect to the same node, so pick the one that is most practical to connect to. Since you are powering headlights and stuff, make sure you use wire that can handle 10 to 20 amps, and of course, never make your final connection of the circuit at the battery terminal itself. The reason for this is that you want to avoid sparks anywhere near an unsealed Lead Acid Battery in case the hydrogen that vents from it might explode and hurt you.

Hello RadioRon

Thanks alot Ron. You have been a really big help to me!.

kind regards
Kylle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…