Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do i start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_un

Hey,

Im thinking about starting a project that will allow me to recharge a rechargeable 3v button/coin battery but i have no idea where to start.

Can any one point me in the right direction

Thanks

Do you have any specs on the battery? The manufacturer usually has a website the provides more information then most people want to know about a battery, but they also define charging characteristic and give example circuits...

Is it NiCd/NiMH, lithium maybe? Capacity? Charge from what, mains?

Rechargeable coincells are almost always lithium (hence their 3 volt rating) Keep in mind the energy density of a coin cell is pretty horrible, in the neighborhood of 50ma's depending on the exact cell size and the internal resistance is very high.

hi..
i need to build a circuit on detecting underground cable fault. It have to be cheap, portable and efficient design.can any1 help me with it.
thank you

Last edited:
stargurl said:
hi..
i need to build a circuit on detecting underground cable fault. It have to be cheap, portable and efficient design.can any1 help me with it.
thank you

hi stargurl,
I would suggest you start your own new thread.

HarveyH42 said:
Do you have any specs on the battery? The manufacturer usually has a website the provides more information then most people want to know about a battery, but they also define charging characteristic and give example circuits...

Is it NiCd/NiMH, lithium maybe? Capacity? Charge from what, mains?

i have a llok at the battery and discovered that it was 3.6v and not 3v and yes it will be charging from the mains. i also found the data sheet... after a while of searching.

Data sheet - http://www.powerstream.com/licoin-charger.htm

I was thinking about modifying this circuit http://www.discovercircuits.com/H-Corner/solar-batt-chgr.htm. would this work?

Thanks for all the help!

The circuit's 300mA would cause a little lithium coin cell to burn.
You don't want to be near a lithium fire that burns white hot like magnesium (flares).

If you know what you are doing then you can make a current regulator at the battery's recommended charge current and a charge shutoff circuit that detects 4.2v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back