Where do i start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_un

Hey,

Im thinking about starting a project that will allow me to recharge a rechargeable 3v button/coin battery but i have no idea where to start.

Can any one point me in the right direction

Thanks

Do you have any specs on the battery? The manufacturer usually has a website the provides more information then most people want to know about a battery, but they also define charging characteristic and give example circuits...

Is it NiCd/NiMH, lithium maybe? Capacity? Charge from what, mains?

Rechargeable coincells are almost always lithium (hence their 3 volt rating) Keep in mind the energy density of a coin cell is pretty horrible, in the neighborhood of 50ma's depending on the exact cell size and the internal resistance is very high.

hi..
i need to build a circuit on detecting underground cable fault. It have to be cheap, portable and efficient design.can any1 help me with it.
thank you

Last edited:
stargurl said:
hi..
i need to build a circuit on detecting underground cable fault. It have to be cheap, portable and efficient design.can any1 help me with it.
thank you

hi stargurl,
I would suggest you start your own new thread.

i have a llok at the battery and discovered that it was 3.6v and not 3v and yes it will be charging from the mains. i also found the data sheet... after a while of searching.

Data sheet - http://www.powerstream.com/licoin-charger.htm

I was thinking about modifying this circuit http://www.discovercircuits.com/H-Corner/solar-batt-chgr.htm. would this work?

Thanks for all the help!

The circuit's 300mA would cause a little lithium coin cell to burn.
You don't want to be near a lithium fire that burns white hot like magnesium (flares).

If you know what you are doing then you can make a current regulator at the battery's recommended charge current and a charge shutoff circuit that detects 4.2v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…