Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalauzier

I am a bit of an audiophile and like to make small amplifiers for me and some of my friends, but i have been using speakers that have been lying around, but am now running short. Does anyone know where to get some simple speakers, around 4-8Ω, and no more than 5 Watts. I have looked around online and found some smaller speakers but they were over $200 each!. I am looking to keep it under $10, they don't have to be the best out there, help would be great.

A 5W, $10.00 speaker is very small and very cheap. I doubt it will produce any bass frequencies and deep bass will be non-existant.
Its high frequencies will be poor and it will not be loud.

An audiophile knows about a very high quality very expensive speaker then finds another that sounds the same for 1/10th the price.
So if you like the sound from a little $200.00 speaker then find another that sounds the same but costs only $20.00.

You did not fill in your location so we don't know which planet you live on. I won't bother recommending a good speaker shop in Canada.

Thank you, i live in America, in the state of New Hampshire. I wish I could go to Canada, especially since most of my family is there, and the cheese is great. I cannot seem to find many nice speakers for around $20, but the ones that I did find, well I don't know how good they are, so i wanted some opinions from experienced people because I don.t want to was money on a bad product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back