Where to buy speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalauzier

I am a bit of an audiophile and like to make small amplifiers for me and some of my friends, but i have been using speakers that have been lying around, but am now running short. Does anyone know where to get some simple speakers, around 4-8Ω, and no more than 5 Watts. I have looked around online and found some smaller speakers but they were over $200 each!. I am looking to keep it under $10, they don't have to be the best out there, help would be great.

A 5W, $10.00 speaker is very small and very cheap. I doubt it will produce any bass frequencies and deep bass will be non-existant.
Its high frequencies will be poor and it will not be loud.

An audiophile knows about a very high quality very expensive speaker then finds another that sounds the same for 1/10th the price.
So if you like the sound from a little $200.00 speaker then find another that sounds the same but costs only $20.00.

You did not fill in your location so we don't know which planet you live on. I won't bother recommending a good speaker shop in Canada.

Thank you, i live in America, in the state of New Hampshire. I wish I could go to Canada, especially since most of my family is there, and the cheese is great. I cannot seem to find many nice speakers for around $20, but the ones that I did find, well I don't know how good they are, so i wanted some opinions from experienced people because I don.t want to was money on a bad product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…