where to find, I need an 16.384kHz Crystal oscillator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voidptr

well the idea is simple, I got a current circuit working with a standard 32.768kHz Crystal watch oscillator and i need to clock down it to 16.384kHz , so basically swapping the crystal...

some old friend told me it (16.384kHzcrystal watch) was something available easily 10 years ago, but it seems i can't find some now ...

where ca i find some for an not insane price ?

or is there a way I can build one, i dont have acces to the circuit drive buy the crystal...

i was thinking too, a current 32.768kHz Crystal watch with a flipflop and some stuff but all this should link at the original place. so i must work with a the parts of the pierce oscillator inside the uC.

all idea welcome

You can input your own clock to the input of the inner oscillator, so simply dividing the clock should work well.

!6.384 kHz crystals are rare.

Microcrystal do offer them but they will be expensive, and you may not be able to buy just a few.

https://www.mcrystal.ch/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?nodeguid=0edca057-e5a5-47c0-9a95-6e2461817da4

Most ICs that are designed to work with a crystal have an inverter connected between the two pins, so one is an input and the other is an output. It is almost always possible to connect a signal to the input.

There are lots of designs of oscillator that you could make with a 32.768 kHz watch crystal, and it should be quite simple to connect a divider to the output of that, and feed the divided signal to the input of the IC.

You should make sure that the divider will work OK with the relatively slow edges of the 32.768 KHz crystal.

It is possible that your friend was thinking about 16.384 MHz crystals. They are fairly common.

Ring a supplier and ask for samples. Most will be willing to supply a couple for "evaluation". Mouser or Oracle would be my start.

Just change the code inside the micro?

Why does it need an input of 16.384 kHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…