Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get a French socket in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
I recently bought one of these:-

http://www.reflow-kit.com/images/product_large/RK-10010_320.jpg

and the oven that goes with it.

The controller is rather large, and the adaptor that goes with it is:-

**broken link removed**

(although I have been using a slimmer one).

With the original adaptor, the whole lot sticks out from the wall by 150 mm and is very wobbly.

If I could find a French socket, that would be down to 80 mm and the body of the reflow controller would rest on the wall. The whole thing would be much more secure.

Any ideas how to obtain one in the UK?

Is there some reason why you can't simply cut the end of and rewire it using a three pin U.K. plug

Well I bought one of those sockets from RS. I've fitted it in a dual wall box with a fuse switch. Here are the photos. It's much more secure than when it is in the adaptor it came with. The last photo shows what that monstrosity looked like.

I would have prefered a French socket, instead of the German type as I think that the reverse earth pin is better, but the front of the controller has a German type anyhow.

Attachments

• socket.JPG
    socket.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 134
  • sktandcontroler.JPG
    sktandcontroler.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 189
  • adaptorandcontroller.JPG
    adaptorandcontroller.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.