Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to Learn About Configuration Settings for PIC16F

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

Is there like a tutorial of guide explaining all the configuration and when I should use it? For example, what should I put in my Watchdog Timer Postscale Select bits

I think most folks have a pretty much standard configuration statement they use for nearly every program. For what the majority of us are doing, just a few routine settings are sufficient. For instance, I usually just set the oscillator, disable WDT and MCLR, and unprotect the program for future use.

The data sheets are pretty informative about the config statement.

Writing a program that has a watchdog timer enabled is very complex because you have to make sure all the delay routines either reset the watchdog timer or are short enough so that they are shorter than the timing-out of the WDT.
Once you are adept at programming you can intoduce the WDT - otherwise you will get all sorts of weid effects and program crashes.
As far as setting the bits in Configuration is concerned, look at other programs and note the settings and make a list of what has been done and why.

Is there like a tutorial of guide explaining all the configuration and when I should use it? For example, what should I put in my Watchdog Timer Postscale Select bits

If you are using Hitech C for compiling programs, then you can have a look at the include files of Hitech C.
Choose particular include file of the device you are using, at the end of the include file you will get info about the config bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back