Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to solder coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmah

Hi all...

I'm new to this forum and to electronics.

I have my first question:

I'm building a Magnetic Pulser using a coil and the original plans call for me to connect the coil in line with the flash tube of a Vivitar 1900 flash unit. I wanted to use the circuit below instead of the Vivitar flash for a more powerfull Pulse.

My question is:

I know that I can connect the coil in line with the xenon tube on the board but I was wondering If I can replace the tube on the circuit with a SCR? Reason I ask is I know that some of the energy is wasted by the xenon tube and was wondering if the SCR would allow more energy to the coil with the least amount of waste?

Attachments

• Circuit.gif
    Circuit.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back