Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which is most widely used rf encoder/decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil arora

I am designing a low cost digital wireless link, for these i need low cost rf encoder and decoders but with more address and data pin.

I got good encoders and decoders from
1> Holtek
2> samhap microelectronics

I want to know what other option do I have for encoders/ deocoder and good rf modules too.

Make your own decoder and encoder using PIC's, which is basically what the Holtek devices are (although they may be different micro-controllers and not PIC's).

I was planning to use software method for enocoding and decoding but i was not having any idea how these stuff works.

One very aggravating thing about holtek encoders and decoders, well the ones I used anyway- HT12A and HT12D is that they require the transmitter to always be on.

I forget exactly how I did it, but I rigged the encoder up so that it doesn't send out a constant signal, it only sends out a signal when it is triggered.

thank you
Nigel Goodwin
I will go through the tutorial
basically i use 51 chips but really want to shift towards pic's
which is better can i ask here

nikhil arora said:
thank you
Nigel Goodwin
I will go through the tutorial
basically i use 51 chips but really want to shift towards pic's
which is better can i ask here

'Better' is a purely relative term, PIC's are generally more popular, but if you already use 51 chips I would see no reason to change?.

The 'best' device is the one that does the job - there's rarely much real difference between devices.

but if you already use 51 chips I would see no reason to change

I see one reason pic's eat lesser power and even lesser when in power down mode in compare to 89c2051,89s52 etc.
and i think at same cost and ease of availability
low power atmel chips are harder to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back