Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which is the suitable frequency for this application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prathosh

hello everyone.I am designing a RF remote control for a motor of 1hp.there is no constant line of sight between the point of operation and the receiving point.so i thought that using RF signals would be suitable.the distance between the point of operation is and the receiving end is 25ft(approx).I thought RF signal 0f 40MHz-50Mhz is good enough.What do you recommend?
Or else is there any other way to control the motor
than using a RF remote control involving radio transmitter and a receiver?
thank you in advance.

Last edited:
In RF applications LOS(line of sight) means from the observers location to the horizon. This depends primarily on the height of the transmitting antenna. Obstacles like walls and trees don't count since RF goes right through them. Since you appear to be a novice at RF design I suggest you start by finding affordable modules that you can buy to get the system working. Once you have it working you can refine your design as your skill in working with RF improves.

RantMode/ON

Why is it that those people with no understanding of radio think that they can just pick a frequency out of thin air and crap all over the legitimate users of that frequency with their badly designed junk?

RantMode/OFF

How are you proposing to code the signal which you are using to control this motor?
Consider the effect of the motor randomly switching On/Off due to some other (legitimate) signal on your pirated frequency.

JimB

JimB said:
RantMode/ON

Why is it that those people with no understanding of radio think that they can just pick a frequency out of thin air and crap all over the legitimate users of that frequency with their badly designed junk?

RantMode/OFF

How are you proposing to code the signal which you are using to control this motor?
Consider the effect of the motor randomly switching On/Off due to some other (legitimate) signal on your pirated frequency.

JimB
Jim,

I got tired of beating that drum because of course the rules are always different in their country, about which I know from nothing. My favorite was the one about it being OK because he was a teacher at some school. You're basically wasting your breath.

Papabravo said:
Jim,

I got tired of beating that drum because of course the rules are always different in their country, about which I know from nothing. My favorite was the one about it being OK because he was a teacher at some school. You're basically wasting your breath.

I realise that but I just fancied blowing off a bit of steam.

JimB

Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled,
Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,
Welcome to your gory bed,
Or to Victorie!

-- Burns, Robert, from Bruce's address to his troops at Bannockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back