Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which microcontroller shud be used

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtech

which microcontroller should be used in rfid based electronic toll tax collection system??
8051 or pic microcontroller??n which tag to be used active or passive??
also we would be requiring to interface load cell in the project..plz answer fast

Any you like - but the antique 8051 seems the processor of choice in India - most of the rest of the world uses more modern devices (PIC and AVR being the two most common in hobby circles).

I would disagree with that assessment. There are many new 8051 based processor chips in current use, I have two products in use now that use the 8051. But by far my processor of choice is the AVR (about 27 products, and 4 with the PIC). A lot would depend on how large a system you need. For just RFID and a load cell, I would recommend the PIC (actually, I would recommend AVR, but that wasn't one of your choices). For a larger system that might include more sensors or user interface, I would go with the 8051.

(about 27 products, and 4 with the PIC).

Where did that come from.. Are you grouping pic14's, pic16's ans pic32's as single items.... AVR has the same 8, 16 and 32 bit derivatives.

There is around 30 pic choices just in the 14 bit pic alone....

I am not dismissing the AVR as its a great tool... but the choices are more plenty full in the pic range.... Peripheral wise anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back