Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

White Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltz

I live in an area with a fair amount of car noise at night, I prefer the white noise of say a fan when going to sleep, what sort of circuit would I need to make a speaker loop an MP3 file from a computer

The MM5837 is a white noise generator chip. Although now obsolete, you can still find some on the web.

my guess is that the electronic definition of "white noise" would not be soothing to listen to while sleeping - its the same sound as static from a radio or TV.
White noise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
theres a sample you can listen to on there, if you like it, use the MM5837 and we can suggest a speaker circuit.

can you put a computer in the bedroom? then just... set it to repeat the one track infinitely? that would be much easier than building a circuit... or just turn on a real fan.

White noise has an emphasis for high audio frequencies. Pink noise reduces high frequencies at 3dB per octave so that the powers in each octave of bandwidth are equal and sounds much more mellow. Pink noise is used in open-office floor plan companies so that you don't hear the worker on the phone next to you. Workers don't notice the pink noise until it is turned off.

Ok maybe I explained wrong, basically I need an MP3 playing circuit that can handle just one MP3 so I'm assuming it will need memory

I have mp3's of White, Pink and Brown noise. Send me your e-mail and I can send to you if you would like. I prefer the sound of Brown noise myself.

I have mp3's of White, Pink and Brown noise. Send me your e-mail and I can send to you if you would like. I prefer the sound of Brown noise myself.

Thanks but basically I need to create a circuit to PLAY mp3s, I don't need the mp3s

Hi,

Cant you do that with programming? Keep calling the same mp3.

I thought Brown Noise was a myth???

I've got a bunch of cheap MP3 players, don't think any of them can't continue playing in an endless loop, ever the cheap advertising freebies (16 meg memory). Doubt you you will need to do much of anything, other than load the file. Might stay away from the Brown Noise, just in case... Would be a terrible thing, and dangerous in the wrong hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back