Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why pin 7 of 555 not used in this circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviram87

i found this circuit for schmitt trigger using 555 timer...

on simulation, i was able to see the circuit is working fine. But i am not able to understand why pin nyumber 7 of the 555 timer has not been used in the circuit. I tried simulating keeping pin number 7 open, and the circuit is working fine.

I have attached the circuit for reference. Can somebody please explain why pin number 7 is not used here?

Attachments

• 555ex9.gif
    555ex9.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 245
raviram87 said:
i found this circuit for schmitt trigger using 555 timer...

on simulation, i was able to see the circuit is working fine. But i am not able to understand why pin nyumber 7 of the 555 timer has not been used in the circuit. I tried simulating keeping pin number 7 open, and the circuit is working fine.

I have attached the circuit for reference. Can somebody please explain why pin number 7 is not used here?

hi,
Its the 'discharge' pin, its not used in this configuration, no timing.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back