Wien-Bridge-Oscillator under simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

senmeis

Hello,

I tried to simulate a Wien-Bridge-Oscillator with Protel 2004, but the output seems to be strongly attenuated (see attachment). Who can help me solving this problem?

Best wishes,
Senmeis

Attachments

• Wien_Oszillator.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 848
Vss is supposed to be a negative voltage. You have it as a positive voltage.

senmeis said:
no, VSS is negative in my case. It equals to -5V.
Good.
Then it should oscillate if the closed loop gain of the opamp is more than 3.00.
The calculated gain is only 3.008 minus a loss because the opamp's open loop gain is not infinite, so try reducing the 498 ohm resistor to 470 or 430 ohms for a little more gain.

senmeis said:
I tried to simulate a Wien-Bridge-Oscillator with Protel 2004, but the output seems to be strongly attenuated (see attachment).

I would say that the oscillation doesn't start! If you want to see the sine wave with the simulator, try to add a pulse generator with a 10M ohms resistance in series to the non inverting input. After the pulse, the oscillation will sustain itself.

senmeis said:
Hello,

I tried to simulate a Wien-Bridge-Oscillator with Protel 2004, but the output seems to be strongly attenuated (see attachment). Who can help me solving this problem?

Best wishes,
Senmeis

Sometimes you need to specify an initial condition in the simulator to get the oscillation "kick-started." You might want to try an .ic of a couple volts on the output node.

Optikon said:
Sometimes you need to specify an initial condition in the simulator to get the oscillation "kick-started." You might want to try an .ic of a couple volts on the output node.
I tried the sim in SWCAD III with .ic of a volt on the noninverting input. Works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…