Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WiFi Micro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

have a question , i have a simple robot and i need to control this robot using WiFi and C#.

i can now build a network to command a parrallel port on another computer , my problem now is how to control my robot using a client on a computer although my robot haven't a computer on it as it's a wireless one .

i don't want to provide my robot with a computer .

i heared before that there are some microcontroller kinds that can interact with a wireless card and then WiFi

need to hear your opinon about that and any usefull materials in this field

thank you !

There are wifi modules you can get that provide a serial I/O connection with some general I/O pins. digi and lantronix have them. not super cheap, >$100, and not terribly power friendly.

or you could use a a simpler approach - use any one of a number of ready made RF modules. You would build a base station that listens on the internet (or uses a web page) and send the signals to a module on the 'bot. tons of suppliers - check out these guys - https://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/RemoteControl.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back