WiFi Micro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

have a question , i have a simple robot and i need to control this robot using WiFi and C#.

i can now build a network to command a parrallel port on another computer , my problem now is how to control my robot using a client on a computer although my robot haven't a computer on it as it's a wireless one .

i don't want to provide my robot with a computer .

i heared before that there are some microcontroller kinds that can interact with a wireless card and then WiFi

need to hear your opinon about that and any usefull materials in this field

thank you !

There are wifi modules you can get that provide a serial I/O connection with some general I/O pins. digi and lantronix have them. not super cheap, >$100, and not terribly power friendly.

or you could use a a simpler approach - use any one of a number of ready made RF modules. You would build a base station that listens on the internet (or uses a web page) and send the signals to a module on the 'bot. tons of suppliers - check out these guys - https://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/RemoteControl.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…