Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this circuit work - 3 way switch, 2 fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1985

Hi i am trying to figure out if this will work...basically i want to be able to switch one fan on when the switch is on position I then switch both fans on when the switch is moved to position II. Will it switch both fans on currently in both positions?

Since you have both fans connected together then they will both run together.

Use a double-pole switch. Then each fan can have its own pole.

Now I notice that the power supply is DC so the diagonal wire should be a power diode.

If you want to use a DPDT switch it would be done per the attached cartoon. Not shown is the switch having a center off position. So you would have ON-OFF-ON or On single motor OFF and ON both motors.

I believe this is along the lines of what AG was getting at.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back