Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wimax wireless network analysis software

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec123

Hi,

I am currently working on a project where i am transmitting video over a Wimax network. The basic set up is as follows:

I have an analogue video camera (sony handycam) which is connected to an encoder (which converts the signal to ip packes). The encoder is conected to a subscriber unit. I have configured the wimax basestation and subscriber station and the link is working fine. I have software (from chieffe) where i can view the video image beng sent when i am connected to the basesation on my laptop (via ethernet cable).

This is all fully working, my aim of the project is to analyse the signal when i vary the resolution and qualiy of the video data being sent.

To do this I need some software (preferably free!) where i can view the data rates, throughput, errors and other parameters of the signal, and how they change when i vary the res and quality.

I think they are called network analyis software? anyone hve any suggestions on what program would best fit what i'm trying to achieve?

I have downloaded netiq but am having troubles installing so am looking for alternatives....

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

If i haven't described what i'm looking for well enoug, just reply and will try and expand on it!!

Thanks

elec123

What's wrong with Windows XP built in performance monitor? It can show packets sent per second, received per second, total bandwidth, received and sent errors, everything you asked. It's in Administration tools "Performance" Click the ADD button and select "Network Interface"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back