windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibelectronics

Please provide me with a simple "how-to-use" for the inpout32 dll. I'm using Turbo C and I want to gain access to the parallel port in windows xp. Are there other ways for doing this without resorting to the dll? Thanks!

aibelectronics said:
Please provide me with a simple "how-to-use" for the inpout32 dll. I'm using Turbo C and I want to gain access to the parallel port in windows xp. Are there other ways for doing this without resorting to the dll? Thanks!

You can download the port driver from my website below, that comes with C examples.

aibelectronics said:
if it is turboc for dos. then it will not do

aibelectronics said:
it would not work for turbo c dos? what then is the way out?

In DOS there are NO restrictions to port access, but DOS isn't supported under XP (just a fairly crude emulation) - just boot up in DOS, off a floppy if required!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
In DOS there are NO restrictions to port access, but DOS isn't supported under XP (just a fairly crude emulation) - just boot up in DOS, off a floppy if required!.
dos cannot even access the dll and xp won't allow the dos box to have direct h/w access . you WILL need to use windows developer tools VB/VC/Delphi?Borland C for windows.... to access the dll and use the exposed methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…