Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless electricity transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicalsaurabh

If there is a way to transmit 1V to 24V wirelessly, in a home and surroundings (about 2000 to 13000 Sft), so many present day electronics can be used wirelessly or charged wirelessly. Like Laptop, printer, scanner, cell phone, land phone, Ipod, etc..
As per Tesla's books, He lighted several florescent lamps wirelessly in a big seminar hall before institute of electrical engineers in 1893 in Ohio. He demonstrated this one to show AC current is possible and can be transmitted safely. I believe he might be demonstrated low voltage wireless transmission. No body hurt or injured during demo.
Do you think this one is possible in today's world?

I think this line of question and discussion would fare better in the lounge or maybe chat sections.

That said, what Tesla did has never been duplicated. While power has been somewhat transmitted (electric tooth brush charging and similar) nobody has managed to duplicate what Tesla managed to do, assuming there was no trickery or hoax. You would think that something done over 100 years ago would have been duplicated by now.

Ron

Another thing to remember is that Tesla was using high-voltage, high-frequency electricity to light the fluorescent tubes. I never heard of ways to transmit 1-24v wirelessly. That's precisely what Tesla was working on, and unfortunately he died before he could make it work efficiently. Also, Tesla was not injured through this demonstration because the frequency of the current was very high and only traveled over the surface of his skin. This is known as the skin effect. I know saying this will bring up a lot of comments like "Oh, it probably caused minor tissue damage and RF burns", but my point is that he did not feel it. There was no visible damage simply because the current did not go through his body--Only over the surface.

Take a look at this.

It's possible musical, but not practical, the amount of power that would have to be used to get a usable amount of power at that distance is mindbogglingly wasteful (think a tiny fraction of a percent) and since it's going through the air there are untold number of ways that it can interact with objects in the environment (including the human body)

The most practical devices on the market and in the foreseeable future are the inductive pads, where a device is attached with an extra modules and anytime it's placed on the pad (within a few mm's of it) it will allow moderate power to be transferred. They've been around for years (virtually all electric toothbrushes charge this way)

Crut.. don't get his hopes up... Sure it works but look at the size of the coils used, and they can't be effectively miniaturized. Even worse the coils are solenoid wound and the device would stop working instantly if either one of them were rotated more than a few degrees.

Last edited:
I would not like to be in the near magnetic field of a high power 10mhz coil all day. At less that 1/4 wavelength separation almost all the energy is in the magnetic field and petty safe but any long wire like a vacuum cleaner cord moving across the field could cause one hell of a RF burn to the operator.

https://www.gizmag.com/wireless-power/10714/
Start with this top link. I have played with several different approaches. It is possible to "wire" your entire house so your cell phone will charge all the time. I do not want to live in that field. Something like living under high power lines.

https://www.gizmag.com/scavenging-ambient-electromagnetic-energy/19163/

https://www.powermat.com/?gclid=CJnIkd-roKsCFYYmtAod-hDaiw
https://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Samsung-Fascinate-Desktop-Charger/dp/B0043GUKT8

thanks for reply , I think 100 years ago what happend was very limited ,bcauz that can be used in practicle life as the value of the current is very low for daily life electric appliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back