Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Power quality Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acibrix

Hey everyone, am a student beginning to building a wireless power quality analyzer. This device is suppose to detect some power disturbances, label the kind of disturbance, and store the data in a database which will be transmitted wireless to be used for analysis purposes.

Project flow:

1) measure P,V,I
2) Send feed to A/D
3)Use DSP to detect disturbances (swell, sag, flicker, harmonics)
4)store findings
5)Wireless transmit

Any ideas on how to design this? Anyone has a schematic of a PQA's I can use as reference? I am kinds stomped on what A/D to purchase. How am I suppose to test it before purchasing the parts. My school's not giving me parts unless I know my design works, am guessing I'll use PSpice for that.

Thanks for your time/help

#3 alone is a project. I think your project is too ambitious. You should also consider power factor. Perhaps you should limit the project to #1. How many years do you have to finish the project?

I have about 3 months to complete it. It's going to be single phase and #1,2 and 3 are the important part of the project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back