Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless signals and displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridafire

Hi there, I'm trying to put together a system that can sense vehicles using an induction loop and report back wireless to a central computer. The I'm writing a program that will deal with traffic and parking flow that will ease traffic and give directions and parking information. I want to display this info on a board near the sensor which means sending it wireless back.My understanding is that i can use either a string to light some 7 segment displays or possibly an LCD screen if i use a computer in the system. I already have an analog loop circuit and a basic understanding of xbee chips.

How do I send my signal from the analog circuit and how do I take the data from the terminal, send, it wirelessly, and then have it decoded to either 7 segment LCD's or maybe a monitor?

How much detail are you looking for in terms of where to go with the project?

I would use a microcontroller to handle the display and wireless portions. Once a vehicle has been detected it doesn't need to be an analog signal anymore. Detect the vehicle and transmit its presence digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back