Wireless transceivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sederberg

I am trying to find a way to send data wirelessly, such as bluetooth, RF, or irda and I am trying to interface with a PIC16F73. Basically, what I want to happen is for the PIC to send data (either through the RS232 or SPI) to an IC that will change the signal to a USB-compatible signal. Next I want to send this signal to the wireless transmitter, which will then broadcast the signal (the range is not overly restricting, it could be as small as a few cm or as large as 1000ft). The format and frequency are not important either, because the signal will just be received and decoded at a PC through a complimentary USB device. The main problem I am facing in finding the proper ICs is that they must be thru-hole components (it's or my final year design project and all we get are single-sided, thru-hole copper boards). I am having a very hard time finding anything that is thru-hole. I've pretty much given up on bluetooth, since these ICs seem to be all BGAs. Does anyone know offhand of any products that might work for what I am doing, or any manufacturers who might still be making thru-hole stuff?
Thanks

Check my PIC tutorials for sending data via licence free radio modules, USB has nothing to do with RF though, it will be FAR easier to use serial ports (or USB/Serial converters if you don't have them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…