Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goba

Hey guys

I'd like some ideas please..
I need to take a variable DC voltage (0 to 10 V) to a remote location (maybe 5 meters away) to input of data aq card... Is there a simple way of doing this?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I need to finish this as quickly as possible

Thanks in adavance.. :)

Goba said:
I'm not an electronics expert. Can you give a bit more details please?

You could check my tutorials, which show how to connect PIC's and wireless modules - but if you're not a reasonable electronics 'expert' it's probably going to be too difficult for you?.

What EXACTLY, are you trying to do?.

As mentioned, I have a DC voltage, varying between 0 and 10 V. I need to transport this to a laptop, which is about 5 meters away. I want to try and do this without using wires.

The only programming I did was about 10 years ago and that was using the 16F84...

Is there a very good reason to avoid the use of wires?
Everything else is much more complicated and expensive.

JimB

I'm doing a project for Technikon. It states I need to do it without using wires. If all my attempts fail and I have proof that I tried, I'm sure the lecturer would understand. I just want to sharpen my design capabilities and learn as much as I can...

Then follow Nigels suggestion and investigate PICs, the newer ones with inbuilt ADC, and low power RF modules.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back