wiring dvd deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

870supermag

I'm putting and Pioneer AVH-P4000 Dvd deck in my 2001 f150 and there is a wire that is supposed to be spliced into the power side of the e brake switch to disable the dvd player when im driving. I would like to be able to use the deck and have passengers watch dvd's for road trips and what not so how would I bypass the e-brake. I have read about putting a toggle switch in the wire and splicing into any ground but i don't know if that applies to this deck because it says it must be attached to the power side of the switch. any help would be appreciated.

Seems that wire is to sense somehow if the car is running or not. ¿?

Try permanently grounding or hooked to +12V instead. Should work in one of the ways.

Depending on the deck u can ground that wire and it will work (some alpines and eclipses must have a module producing a code) keep in mind if u get pulled over in most sates its illegal to have it on while driving but that wire senses ground while the vehilces e brake is engaged and not moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…