Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yamaha DXR10 Amplifier Repair

briesmith

I am trying to diagnose the problems with this unit but have reached a bit of a show stopper in that a resistor starts to burn if I plug the amp in to the mains. It passes the dim bulb current limiter test (100 watt bulb on 240 VAC mains) and remains switched on but the resistor starts to smoke and I have to turn the amp off. I'm not sure how I can start to measure voltages etc with the resistor getting hotter and hotter.

The fault history is that the MOSFET at Q107 on Page 9 failed (explosive short circuit) taking out the resistors R149, R151 and R212. All of which I have replaced relying on inspection.

The manual for the unit is attached and the burning resistor marked R116 is shown in circuit on page 101.

Any advice gratefully received

Attachments

• yamaha_dxr8_dxr10_dxr12_dxr15.pdf
    12 MB · Views: 8

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back