ZYPOLA 100x100mm ABS Enclosure - EasyEDA Board Outline

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
I recently came across some decent enclosures on Temu, the ZYPOLA 100x100mm ABS enclosure. These are IP-65 rated, with grommets in 25mm holes in five locations. They are a nice size for many projects, and these were cheap at 4 for about US$7.00.

One trick I have developed over the years is laying out the PCB board outline as a footprint. Draw it once and be done with it for any board to fit in that enclosure. This one is challenging because of the internal radius corners and to leave clearance for the pcb to clear the gromets.

A non-feature of this enclosure is that the four central bosses are higher than the four bosses in the center of each side. There are a few options: mounting the board to the cental bosses and leave the edges flapping loose, cut off the central bosses with snips, add spacers..... None of these particularly appealed to me, so I put holes in the center of the board to let those bosses pass through. The board could easily be changed by shrinking the large holes to 3.2mm to clear a 3mm screw.

The while lines in the board outline are in the document layer and don't show up on the finished board. They are helpful for positioning components when laying out a board.

If you'd like to use this EasyEDA board outline file, search for ZYPOLA 100x100mm ABS under user-contributed footprints. Send me a note if you'd like it and can't find it, and I'll send you the file.

Like many things on Chinese sites, this enclosure shows up under different names. Compare the drawings to be sure.

[/I]

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…