Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with STM32G0

kostrik

Hi All,

I made my first STM32 board using STM32G0B1RE, it arrived today, since it's blank I expected the MCU to jump into bootloader and start the DFU, however this did not happen, MCU was not detected at all by the USB, I checked further and USB DP was not pulled high which was unexpected.

To check if the MCU has been entered the bootloader I check the UART TX and I2C SCK pins, and they are indeed high, indicating that MCU was indeed entered the bootloader. However, MCU is again not detected by UART.

Finally, I decided use another NUCLEO board as a programmer with the SWD interface, again, the MCU is not detected. I expect the SWD interface to work irrespective of bootloader.

Pulling up or down the BOOT0 makes no difference. I probed the board, and everything seems normal, voltages connections etc. I have 220 ohms series resistor on the SWD interface, which is little on the high side, but I don't think that should make a difference.

It just seems like MCU enters into bootloader, tries to initialize the peripherals, and just freezes. Only thing that seems to be working it the RESET pin, when it's pulled low all GPIOs go low.

TIA

The STM32 ICs I've used so far do not have USB bootloaders.

They can easily be programmed using an ST-Link-V2 interface connected via four wires - or the Nucleo boards have that functionality included.

You can also program via a serial link (at the correct levels) to the appropriate UART & set the boot mode, but I've never needed to do that.

To test it using the Arduino IDE, install "STM32 MCU based boards" package by STMicroelectronics, from the Arduino IDE board manager, then get the STM32 programmer utility from here:

Set the board type for the MCU family, Board part number to match the specific device, and select Upload method as "STM32Cube Programmer (SWD)".

You could alternately try Serial in there, though I've never used it.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back