Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100w CB linear amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougTee

Looking for schematics for Solid State CB linear amp. Probable input from 40 channel tranceiver is 6-8w. Thanks, Doug Tee

I do not know about other country's, but in the U.S. they are illegal.

I guess living in the United States, you would know. Speeding is illegal in the U.S. also, but the last time I was there everyone was doing it! I think it is not illegal to aquire knowledge and information; which is all I am seeking. Thanks for your response K7elp60. Doug

DougTee said:
I guess living in the United States, you would know. Speeding is illegal in the U.S. also, but the last time I was there everyone was doing it! I think it is not illegal to aquire knowledge and information; which is all I am seeking. Thanks for your response K7elp60. Doug

Doug, your words are unkind. What you were asking for is for information that, when implemented, could possibly break the law. No law abiding person (from whichever country) would want to give you that info.
If you are interested in information about high power linear amplifiers, why not ask about one for a frequency range where they are legal to use by appropriately licensed operators?

You are on your own there, there's plenty of info for illegal devices on the net - try google.
Klaus

Klaus, you are correct. My words were unkind. I admit that I was offended. In my country gentlemen do not presume automatically that anothers intentions are to do wrong. I know that everyone does not know this. If I have offended anyone, I aplogise. I value my privacy and that is why I do not offer more information about myself. I am not going to be breaking the law by building or using this equipment. I do not want to make this a political forum, and this will be all I say about my country and our beliefs. I will say this: the number of hits on my topic shows that others are interested in my question. I ask the moderator and all who have read my post, to forgive my rudeness. I am not usually an unkind person. It would be nice if all that post on this board would realise that the World Wide Web, means exactly that. People from many countries and ethnic backgrounds can and will post on this board. I ask for tolerance and understanding for myself and others who may have ideals and language skills that may seem out of the ordinary. Please accept my sincere apology K7elp60 and Klaus.

DougTee said:
Klaus, you are correct. My words were unkind. I admit that I was offended. In my country gentlemen do not presume automatically that anothers intentions are to do wrong.

Laws and regulations obviously vary from country to country, if you had entered your country in your profile you would have had more chance of receiving an informed and accurate reply. With many questions your location is of crucial importance, as it is in this case! - it's always possible that 100W CB amplifiers are perfectly legal where you come from - but how would we know?.

As it is, with your location a complete mystery, people can only respond based on the regulations in their own country.

Your question certainly didn't offend me at all, it was perfectly reasonable, but for most countries it would be illegal, and many members here (including myself) wouldn't offer advice for that reason.

Doug,
I took no offense to your question or your statement. But like Nigel says laws vary from country to country. In fact laws vary from state to state in the United States. In some states, when it comes to traffic laws there is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Which means you can exceed the posted speed limit and keep up with traffic as long as road conditions permit.

In regard to CB linear amplifiers, I have seen numerous ones on online auctions a forum, unfortunately I do not recall where and when.

There is lots of information on the net, what we do with it is still our choice, rather it be right or wrong.

Hi Doug.Unlike the others, I will try to help you. 100watt linear is not a 'high-power' amp by the way k7. Also they are not illeagal if u are a holder of a ham operators license,however they are illegal to use on the 'citizen band' which is channels 1-40 on a simple cb radio (26.895-27.405mhz) I cant give you a list of parts or a schematic for one, but in order for you to run one properly you need to take your radio to a shop.
The power needs to be adjusted and the modulation regulator needs to be removed.
removing the modulation regulator simply lets all the modulation flow through your radio without restriction. The 'dead-key' (no noise just holding the mic button down) needs to be tuned to 2 watts in order to drive the linear,to achieve optimal preformance and power. anymore than 2 watts will overdrive it and cause undue wear and is very possible to mess up your linear. The best thing to do is take it to a cb shop, they are in most truck stops around the usa. Most cb shops have the linears for sale also.. a 100 watt would cost your about 50 bucks.. a compitition 250watt linear would cost around 200 dollars. If you have never built a linear or have no knowledge of how they work... i wouldn't try to build one... much better off just buying one... after the parts and everything u would have to buy to build one you would spend more than just buying one from a cb shop... hope i helped some
Hodrod

They blow my darn mag-needle over in Spokane,WA. I have a Cobra 2000 GTL base station, all original. I wanted some revenge with a 100watt, 120volt, cooling fan, linear. I would order. Keep in mind, my radio is the first model to be given to citizens in 1976 and people are blowing the goddamned needles over. I wanted to be able to order a small linear made by Fat Boy linears and blow their needles over!! 10-4 that!! Please help by sending this message to Fat Boy linears.

I hope at least some people sill continue to use CB because it would be invaluable if a natural disaster took out the mains supply and Internet.

They are indeed still in use

I was a member of the very first CB club in the US...way back when... It was called Stone Age Control. I was very young LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back