12 volt series >70 degrees F on thermal switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Dollar

I am trying to control a 12v 120mm muffin fan that I use to cool the fins on my old RV refrigerator. I want the circuit to complete when a temp of >70 to 80 degrees is sensed. I want a switch that I can tape or tie to a small pipe to sense its temperature and run the 12v + through it via two male push on tabs. Fan uses 2 amp max and is on/off. The temperature does not have to be very precise, but in that range.

I have used google, but seem to get expensive microprocessor solutions to a <10$ (I think?) solution.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, in advance for any help.

Will these thermal switches work?

Here is the closest thing I can find in small quantities:

5 pcs Temperature Control Switch Thermostat 35°C N.O.

Description

Quantity: 5 Pcs
Condition: Brand New
Spec:
- Bimetal disc thermostat, KSD301
- N.O. -- Normal Open
- It is open until the surface reaches 35 Celsius degree , then the switch closes. automatically reset
- When the surface cools off about 5 degrees, the switch automatic opens
- Rating Voltage: 110V AC - 250V AC
- Circuit resistance: 50 Mohm
- Insulation resistance: 100 Mohm
- Withstand voltage: 1500V AC/minute
- Opening-closing durability: 10000 times or more (under rated load)
- General-purpose low cost, compact, large capacity, minute current thermostat
- Application: For Household electric appliances, PC, Microwave ovens, Irons, Refrigerators, Electronic oven, heating unit, coffeepot, water heater, etc.

Part. No.: KSD301NO35.

My question is: Will this work with the + 12 volt wire wired through the switch. Only AC is mentioned. To me a switch is a switch as long as the amperage is within capacity. In my case 2A or less.

Henry

Thanks for all your help Mike!

I thought it would work. I will order them today. Thanks again for your help. 35C is close enough for me.

5Dollar

You will have to clamp it to the aluminum fins at the back of the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…