12V SLA charger using car cigarette lighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

divearse

Hi

I have a car alarm which does not come with a separate battery back-up siren (in case thief disconnect car main battery), I power the siren (hidden)with a separate Sealed Led Acid Battery (little 12V 1.3AH), as the siren is triggered wirelessly using FM signal, it drains the battery quite quickly, so I need to have the battery topped up all the time, I cannot connect directly to the cigarette lighter as it may overcharge and overcurrent during crank up.

Anyone has a circuit that can charge up this little 12V 1.3AH battery with overcurrent protection and overcharging protection? Much appreciated.

(if anyone interested in wireless 2 way car alarm with no wiring (won't void warranty of new car try carscop DIY alarm see ÎÞ±êÌâÎĵµ, works pretty well for me)

It is possible. You may have to convert the 10.8-13.8V to a level to 13.8 and with current limit for 1/10th of the AH capacity , or as prescribed by the manufacturer of the battery. A DC -DC converter to be implemented.
There are 2 types of SLA, one GEL battery and other VRLA type battery. the modes of charging differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…