Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some advice on building a battery charger for my bank of 20 Li-ion 5000mAh 26650A

You can get a new clone of a Honda GX series engine on ebay for less that £100.

Rig up a base for the setup and run a small three terminal alternator with a belt drive and a big pulley on the engine, and use a 12V deep cycle / leisure battery for the power storage.

Even at eg. 100A at 15V from the alternator, that would only be 1500W or around 2hp; the engine would running at quite light load.

I've worked on one of those engines, they are pretty good, with an easy-starting system.
Hi there
Many thanks for your response, seems like a plan. £99.99 is well worth the price.
So utilising what I already have but have not used and coupling it onto the following
  • Drive Shaft Diameter: 20mm / 0.786inch
  • Length of Drive Shaft :50mm/1.97inch
  • Keyway Diameter: 4.8mm

What size O.D. pulley wheel do I need I will then couple up to my three terminal alternator this is to get the correct ratio to speed correct. I then need somehow to get to my inverter

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back