12V solar / 3.6V led problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrfro

hello
need help here

am new at electronic sensors
anyways heres the problem

a 12v solar panel will charge a 3.6v battery (which powers a LED lamp)
it will charge it during the day (obviously) and the lamp will be used during the night
theres a twist here...the batteries will be charged Automatically from the solar panel and turn OFF the LED lamp during the day; and eventualy disconnect the batteries from the solar panel and turn on the LED lamp at night...

i can visualize the problem and it seems like it requires a photosensor (i was thinking of a photocell, but its quite large though) i am not sure how to construct the control circuit itself

cant find zoldyx...

by the way this a individual class-project

i appreciate all the help i can get

cant find zoldyx...

by the way this a individual class-project

i appreciate all the help i can get

How many class mates do you have in your class (just for an indication of how many times we get the same question here)

did the teacher direct you to this site bacuase he is to lazy to teach??

i realy can't believe that all these people from the last days asking the same are so active on the net that they can't find annything except asking a ready made design in this forum that preferibly we alsmost have to present to the teacher

please get your lazy ass up and do something your self most likely it's just a combination of circuits that are teached already in your books and the only thing what you have to do is combine it or modify it a bit in order for the teacher to know you understand the theory of it

if you waste you learning time on school and don't have a clue, don't waste anybodys time here

Robert-Jan

jrfro:

Just in case you use a li-po battery. Take note that it requires a smart charging circuit. Constant current or an over voltage will cause damage or fire.

Tip: Check out MAX1811 for a simple li-po charger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…